Catherine Henry Partners believes clients should understand all available options before proceeding to instruct us. This includes:
- being fully informed about options and arrangements for our professional fees
- understanding disbursements
- proper information about engagement of experts and cost of their reports and evidence
- our obligations to clients under the law
- understanding obligations of a client to us as their solicitor.
Legal professional fees and matter disbursements can be expensive. Just as services of the best experts, professionals, and products in most areas come at a premium, so advice from the best lawyers can be costly.
As with many other products and services, the lowest price may not offer the best value for money.
In medical and health law cases it may be especially difficult to compare legal fees. This work is not easily compared with matter types like purchasing a property or selling a house.
By their nature, in medical and health law matters:
- there are many unknowns
- outcomes and timing are difficult to guarantee
- extensive investigation is necessary
- much medical and expert evidence is required, often involving considerable expense
- detailed analysis of evidence and records is essential
- intensive and expert reporting on large volumes of material is frequently required
- changes may happen which impact the course of a matter
- there can be lengthy waits to go to court.
Catherine Henry Partners does not charge success fees. In some states of Australia, success fees may be up to 25%.Catherine Henry Partners ensures that clients are fully informed of their financial position in respect of professional fees and disbursements. Our professional fees agreement details fee arrangements, disbursements and expert costs, and legal entitlements for each client.
With two decades of experience in health and medical litigation, Catherine Henry Partners makes sound assessments of matters.
We are truthful and clear with each client about their prospects of success. Research confirms that our clients greatly value this frankness and forthrightness.
Each case is expertly handled by lawyers and other professionals who are leaders in this field. Clients are always be kept properly informed about fees. As a result, we almost always succeed in medical and health law claims.
In many relationship and family law matters, Catherine Henry Partners can provide professional fee alternatives:
- fixed fees
- clear estimates
- updated estimates and quotes as matters progress
- hourly rates
- some other options including combinations
Before proceeding you can be confident that we will be frank with you about fees and you will have clear information on which to base your decisions.